There are times when my thoughts towards my little ones are less than endearing. Now is not one of those times. Now is one of those times when I cannot get over how deliciously wonderful my little man is.
Here are ten things about my baby boy that capture my heart:
1. The way his little dimpled hands knead my breast as he tucks in to feed.
2. The fact that, however frustrating it may be at times, he prefers his mommy above anyone else.
3. The feel of his soft downy curls under my lips and against my cheeks.
4. His adoration of his big sister and the deep belly laugh he bursts into at the sight of her.
5. How he folds in half to eat his toes.
6. The way his face breaks into a grin every time we walk past a picture of his daddy.
7. His pouty face. It is so pitiful that it makes me laugh sometimes.
8. How when he gets excited he starts flapping his arms so frantically that I fear he is going to knock himself over.
9. The way his hair curls over his perfect little ears.
10. His special mommy smile. This one:
Charlie, I will love you forever, I will like you for always, as long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be.